Or like this?
Ok, my galettes are shaped like islands drawn by a four-year-old child, but they taste really good.
Galettes bretonnes - Breton buckwheat pancakes recipe
2 cups buckwheat flour
3 cups water
Generous pinch salt
A few tsps sunflower oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt. Make a well in the centre, volcano-style, and add the water. Whisk to combine. You should end up with the consistency of crêpe/English pancake batter.
- Leave the batter to rest for a couple of hours. Whish again just before cooking.
- Heat up your finest frying pan over high heat with a drop of oil. Then pour in a ladle of batter, and swirl round to fill out the pan as well as you can. If you can't, never mind: you'll get island-shaped pancakes like mine.
- Cook for about two minutes, until firm and golden. Then flip and cook for a further minute.
- Fill with whatever you feel like. Tofu scramble is a good choice, and so is Tartimi. This amount of batter makes about a dozen Mr Messy-shaped pancakes.